Monday, October 29, 2012

Halloween. Food. Fun :)

Halloween is probably one of my favorite times of the year. You get to watch scary movies, go to haunted houses, dress up and above all else you get to have yummy comfort food haha. The only problem with the comfort food is it usually isn't very healthy. This year I've decide to not deprive myself and still have the same comfort foods I love for Halloween. My favorites include chicken and dumplings and homemade chili; this year I've been looking online for some of the healthier versions of these and hopefully they turn out just as good!

 When Halloween comes around the cold weather follows it; I wanted these recipes that I found to not only keep you warm, but also keep you a bit skinnier in the process. My family and I love to have dinner together before everyone goes out to go treat or treating, haunted houses, etc; so my mom will be helping me keep to my "healthy" choices while we create them haha. Other than my two favorites I'm also going to find some recipes that other people may enjoy or want to make for their Halloween season. Since everyone will already be getting their candy from treat or treating I've decided to look for recipes for cookies, caramel apples, or cakes that a whole family could enjoy (healthier.)
 Recipe Sources from top to bottom:
www.eatingwell.com
www.oprah.com
www.tryitmom.com
www.g0lubka.blogspot.com.au

3 comments:

  1. We always make caramel apples for Halloween, but they are so hard to eat. I'm going to try those caramel apple bites next year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These pictures are really making me hungry right now. It makes me realize that there are healthier options that are just as delisious as the many other unhealthy meals we often choose. Im not much of a cook but always thought it would be great to know a few thinks to make better choices on what to eat.

    ReplyDelete