Thursday, October 25, 2012

Let it snow and have hot chocolate!!



Today I woke up to AT LEAST five inches of snow! I know what you're thinking, "That is nothing," but let me remind you this is the first real snow Utah has had this season and no one is excited. The three things that don't EVER sound appealing on a snow day are: getting out of bed, going out in the cold, and driving in the snow. Instead of completely looking at today as a loss I decided to find something warm and delicious to have to motivate me through the first snow day, hot chocolate.

I was happy to find that there are actually healthy recipes for hot chocolate on Pinterest and other websites online. After the thought of hot chocolate came to mind it reminded me of my mom making one of my favorite winter snacks after a long snow day. It may sound gross to some people, but I love it because it reminds me of family memories and how we use to try to enjoy the cold weather as best we could ha. Hot chocolate and toast was my favorite winter treat; once I thought about this I started craving it and decided I'm going to have it today!

Since this is a "healthy fall food" blog I'm still going to enjoy my favorite winter treat, just an edited version of it with healthy hot chocolate and wheat toast. It's a light and warm snack that I think anyone could enjoy, but in case it's too weird for you there is also cinnamon wheat toast to make it a little more sweet!! Hopefully with some of these ideas for a cold "first snow day" others can enjoy them too.


www.hacres.com
www.healthy.slides.kaboose.com   

No comments:

Post a Comment